Wednesday, July 01, 2009

A Man of His Word


Today I headed downtown to resolve a little matter with the City Clerk (successfully), then scooted over to Millennium Park.

Only problem: rain.


The place was pretty deserted, but I cleverly hid my reflection in this picture.


Music was coming from the Pritzker Pavillion, so I headed over there and caught the scene on video. Sorry for the rain on the lens.



In case you're worried about nobody showing up for the concert, this was a rehearsal. The actual concert was two hours off. I went to sit down for a while, which is how I discovered that security had roped off the first ten rows of seats – the seats that were under the bandshell overhang. The dry seats.

Another day in the big city. Ho hum.


3 comments:

Jeannelle said...

Is that the "Cloud Gate"? I honestly don't understand how it received that name....it reflects everything in sight, not just clouds. But, the photos and video are great, Clever Guy.

Anonymous said...

Cool shots. I notice there are some people beneath the bubble. Glad there are some folks with enough sense to get out of the rain.

Jeannelle said...

In today's newspaper was a photo of the new glass balcony on the Sears Tower. Maybe you could go take a photo up there sometime....looking down through the glass floor. Please, pretty please!