Thursday, July 30, 2009

Health Care Insurance Reform


Through my sister, Kay, I learn that my brother, Ted, has offered trenchant criticism of Obama's Health Care Reform agenda. It shouldn't be called Health Care Reform, it should be called Health Insurance Reform, which is what it is.

People might wonder why we need to reform health care, but everybody knows health insurance is screwed up and leads to unacceptable outcomes. It's all about how you frame the issue, isn't it?

Besides, I've never actually written "trenchant" before, and wanted to avail myself of the opportunity.

1 comment:

Bullied Pulpit said...

The most common reason for disagreeing with Obama's plan that I hear while out canvassing is that they don't want government-run health care. It's not my job to convince these people, but I can't ever resist trying to at least get them to realize that government insurance is NOT single-payer health care. It doesn't usually work.

Then every now and then, I run into someone who is disappointed that we're only working on getting a public option, and not single-payer.

I guess we just can't win.