Monday, January 12, 2009

The Saddest Headline


As a person who's interested in things like politics, history, and religion, my online reading habits include a reasonably wide range of sites, including OneNewsNow.com, which is a product of the American Family News Network. It's a place where you can get a feel for which paranoid delusions are popular with the fundamentalist right-wing today. For example, they've been reporting the "Obama is not a U.S. citizen" hilarity like it was serious business.

Just scanning the stories this morning, I see they're worried that Obama will decriminalize marijuana, supporters of creationism in Texas are framing their beliefs as "academic freedom," and "Episcopal Church wins property, loses hearts of congregants." This is pretty standard fare, though most of the stories seem to be about abortion.

But the saddest headline I've ever seen there is this one:




3 comments:

troutay said...

I come here quite often to check out the Days left in office.
It gives me hope. But I worry about these wack jobs and hope that secret service people are very very prepared.
But what can you expect when we have had such a misunderestimator?

Reamus said...

I agree with troutay, but I am not sure I could even read the article...sad litlle people, but dangerous ones too.

Jeannelle said...

There's so much looking ahead right now with alarm and panic over issues concerning the incoming administration. If only people would just sit back and relax.....take some deep breaths....

I hear Chicago is under a blizzard warning. Stay warm and safe.