Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Wesley Clark


Wesley Clark is continuing to improve his VP creds:



He was a Hillary supporter who has handled the transition well. Surprisingly, if I recall correctly (I can't find the story now), he was not on the list of candidates that was supposedly being vetted by Obama's three-person (now two-person) VP search team. Clark would certainly bring national security gravitas to the ticket. He is becoming a more effective speaker, in my opinion, than he was 4 years ago. But VP nominees are often people who will hopefully carry their home state. What state does Clark come from? Yeah, that's my point. But I like him anyway.

Thanks to Digby at Hullabaloo for pointing me to the video.

I've seen a lot of stuff lately intended to raise questions about McCain's war record and national security credentials -- from relatively high level criticism, like Clark's, to stuff about how McCain supposedly snubbed the Vietnamese man who saved him from drowning, and from an angry crowd, when McCain was shot down. I guess I'd be naive if I thought that was all a coincidence, too. [The "too" here is a reference to a post yesterday with "coincidence" in the title.]

For the record, I don't think much of the betrayal article. But I really don't see much from the McCain campaign countering this stuff. Maybe it's because I don't read much about McCain. But maybe it's because McCain is running such a poor campaign that he could actually be replaced as the Republican nominee by the time of the convention.


No comments: