Sunday, June 22, 2008

McCain the Naif




I don't think McCain is a crook. I really don't. I think he tries to live his life based on the ideals of duty, honor, and country that he grew up with.

But you've got to wonder. Why is it that he keeps "stepping in it"? Years ago he was one of the "Keating Five". Earlier this year, the NY Times reported that members of his staff felt compelled to intervene with him concerning an "appearance of impropriety" involving a lobbyist.

And now this (read through the second paragraph, at least).

If this were a story about Barack Obama, how do you think the Republicans might spin that second paragraph? You don't have to think too hard, do you?

And I'm tellin' ya: this is not the end of it. Where there are lobbyists, there is conflict of interest; and McCain is crawlin' with lobbyists.

Alan Keyes, I hope your suit is pressed.


No comments: