Sunday, June 29, 2008

Background Information




I'm trying to get my thoughts organized to understand what's going on with oil, the environment, and the economy. I think the following videos are helpful in that regard. I don't vouch for anything the people are saying, I'm just saying they're interesting, and, I should probably say, representative of the "The Sky is Falling" school of thinking about the economy. The opinions expressed in these videos do not necessarily represent the opinions of Sempringham.

This one is about exponential growth:




This one is about the concept of Peak Oil:



This one is about how this may affect us in the near term:




And this one is about how this all might affect us in the not-so-near, but not-so-long term:



Like I said, I'm trying to figure this all out. Links to any additional information would be appreciated.

I got these videos at The Oil Drum.


No comments: