Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Stupid Leads, 1-0



Please watch this trailer for a new movie, Creation.
The London Telegraph says:
Creation was developed by BBC Films and the UK Film Council, and stars [Paul] Bettany [as Charles Darwin and his] real-life wife Jennifer Connelly as Darwin's deeply religious wife, Emma. It is based on the book, Annie's Box, by Darwin's great-great-grandson, Randal Keynes, and portrays the naturalist as a family man tormented by the death in 1851 of Annie, his favourite child.
Watch the trailer, because you may never get a chance to see the movie itself.



Distribution rights to the movie have been sold all over the world.

Except in the United States.

In the country that gave you Pulp Fiction, and endless Holloween slasher movies, a movie about Charles Darwin is too controversial. The "Christian" Right hates it, doesn't want you to see it, so nobody wants to touch it.

The campaign to make us stupid has won a great victory.

3 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

Well, I don't care whether the movie comes to U.S. or not, it doesn't interest me.

I do not believe in the 'evolution theory'. And I do not believe that God created the world and everything in it in seven twenty-four days. God is a God of order, and anyone who reads the Creation account in the book of Genesis can understand that.

He prepared the earth for the animals and mankind before he created them. Now in my humble opinion, that took many thousands of years, not seven twenty-four hour days.

And another thing, I will not be insulted by being told I came from an Ape, or soup out of the ocean... well I'm sure you know the many different theories of evolution...And I will not insult my God by believing these "theories" which is all they are. THEORIES.

You do like other peoples opinions, right? ;-) But, like I said, I don't care if it comes to theaters here or not, I just would not be interested in viewing it.

Thanks for your visit to my photo blog. I always like the information you dig up about the people in the photos. Mirnevra (Custer) Lohr was my husband's great-aunt. My husband's mother was a Custer.

Oh! you never leave to much information, I like reading about the history you dig up. It makes the pictures much more interesting. So never stop sharing the information you find and share with me. I enjoy reading it.

Ted (Chicago) said...

I don't care if it comes to the theaters or not either. I will get it on Netflix and if it is not available there I will buy it from Amazon. It will be mandatory movie night in my house for my 13 and 9 year old.

Evolution may have been a "theory" when Darwin thought of it but it certainly isn't anymore. It is scientific fact and it is not inconsistent with religion unless you read the Bible literally. If you are more opened minded than that and are inclined to believe in an omnipotent God, try opening your mind to this idea: Who is to say He did not set in motion and control the forces of evolution?

Bullied Pulpit said...

I've never understood why the more recalcitrant Christians couldn't just neatly sidestep the issue by saying that, quite simply, evolution was God's method of creation.

Hooray, faith and scientific fact are reconciled.

What's that old phrase? "The Lord works in mysterious ways."?