Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer in the City


Went to the doctor today for a physical, and as usual took along my G9. It is pretty warm in Chicago right now, which is always a good reason to go over to Millennium Park for pictures, and since it's just a four-block walk, I couldn't pass up the chance.

"The Bean," actually named Cloud Gate, which I think is a great name:

It's hard to take an uninteresting picture of Cloud Gate. If you've never seen it, you should definitely click on the picture for the bigger view. Can you find me in the reflection?

And the fountains:


The picture above is made of hundreds of TV screens. The eyes open and close. The mouth opens and closes. And when it starts opening, watch out, because it's about to spew that stream of water.

Meanwhile, kids are standing at the base, cooling off from the heat.

I hope to go down again in the next week or two, and spend some time there.


3 comments:

Jeannelle said...

Wow! Cool! I have never seen these Chicago sights before. Are you the guy in a black shirt in front of that cement railing?

Loved the videos! "People lookin' half-dead"....yeah, that's us here in Iowa-the-Sauna.

shutterhand said...

That bean is indeed a cool structure. I see it on Flickr from time to time. You are the guy back by the grass to the right of the reflection of the gal in the red shirt getting her picture taken. Black shirt and blue jeans.

Bob Miller said...

Uh, I guess it wasn't that hard, after all!