Sunday, July 26, 2009

Musical Interlude -- godhead


I saw a godhead video today that I hadn't seen before, and it reminded me of days gone by, when the band used to stay at our house when they were on the road and had a show in Chicago. It was always a lot of fun for us. We used tell the neighbors that godhead was coming to stay with us, and they'd send their daughters out of town.

Actually, that last part is not really true, but I'm sure the band wouldn't mind at all that we tell that story, and would rather I didn't tell the truth, which is that they were always quiet, polite, and respectful of others. (Shh! Don't tell anybody!)

We even went to their concerts when we could, and raised the average age in the room a good bump. At one, a late-teenish couple couldn't resist asking us why we were there. When we explained we were Jason's aunt and uncle, you'd think we'd said we were Paul McCartney's parents.

Jason, the lead singer, is the son of my older (not oldest) brother, and Suellen and I remember him singing Rocky Mountain High at the top of his lungs as a 4-year-old.

This is still my favorite video of theirs, although the sound and image don't synch too well. They did in the original video:



And this is the one that started me reminiscing about godhead on the road:

2 comments:

lkfbruins2 said...

They friggin' ROCK!!

Reamus said...

Sempringham,

Great videos. Must have been fun to scare the teenagers like that. They do rock!