Friday, March 13, 2009

Thanks for Nothing, Wen Jiabao




Just when we thought, "Could it ... could it be ... could that be a robin we hear singing?," Chinese premier Wen Jiabao says he's worried about China's investment in U.S. treasuries.

Thanks, pal. You couldn't have done more damage if you had planned it that way.

End of rally.

Wen Jiabao, if you want your money back in one piece, it might be a good idea to be a bit more judicious when opening your mouth.

Addendum: The last time I mentioned China in a post, I got a visit from China within 36 hours. I'm hoping the same thing will happen now. If it doesn't, it means they put Sempringham into their spam filter. "Forget this guy, he's nobody." Sigh. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Addendum to the Addendum: If I do get a visit from China -- hey, guy! Welcome! Stop and stay a while. Or at least say hello.

Addendum to the Addendum's Addendum: Okay, so maybe it wasn't the end of the rally. But, really! What was he thinking?

And Finally: Two visitors from China on the day of the post, the first at 8:30 p.m. Central. Glad to see I'm not on their spam filter yet.


No comments: