Thursday, September 17, 2015

Who's to Blame for the Republican Clown Car? You'll Never Guess!


Michael Barone was one of the original authors of the biannual Almanac of American Politics, which is every true political junkie's favorite reference book. I bought the first edition of it decades ago, and spent hours, no, DAYS!, buried in its pages. Sadly, it has long since priced itself off my bookshelf.

So even though he's a conservative, I've been very patient with the guy as he has tried so hard to make Reaganism sound like some brilliant philosophy.

But there are times when you just have to laugh, and this is one of these times.

In a recent column, Barone bemoans the fact that the Republican Presidential field is full of "challengers who would have been considered laughable in earlier years." Well, I'm with you so far, Michael!

So where does he place the blame for the GOP clown car? Why, right where all tightly reasoned conservative analysis places the blame for everything.

Obama!

My God. Tightly reasoned conservative analysis is so easy! I'd write more, but I'm laughing so hard I keep hitting the wrong keys.

No comments: