Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Too Depressing


I'm only writing about these items in case I'm the butterfly that needs to flap its wings in order to put this world back in order. I just don't have the energy or time to deal with these people. And they depress me to no end. I sure hope Hillary, Joe, and Bernie go after them.

First, there's this story about a twit hedge fund manager who raises the prices of life-saving prescription drugs because he can. Most recently, he raised the price of a drug that's been on the market for 62 years, from $13.50 to $750 a tablet.

Then there's the Volkswagen story, wherein the company admitted that for many years it had installed software in its diesel cars that was designed to cheat on emissions tests. The company is putting aside huge sums for correcting the problem and for civil damages.  It is getting battered in the stock market. Sadly for the thousands of innocent people whose livelihoods depend on Volkswagen, the company may not survive this. I don't see how company management can or should stay out of prison. Really sad.

No comments: