Saturday, April 16, 2011

Tiresome Facts


I'll be walking to the mailbox today with a check for the IRS. It's the first time in a long time (like, maybe, forever) that I didn't get a refund. And I'm sure it's because Suellen didn't do the taxes this year. I bought TurboTax, but just didn't have the heart to sit down and work through everything. Next year should be different.

Anyway, I came across a fascinating collection of charts and graphs relating to taxes from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. Here are two of them:





Take a look at the rest of the charts here.

Then decide if ending Medicare is really the only way out of our budget dilemma, or if maybe – just maybe – it's the not-so-hidden agenda of an Ayn Rand cultist.

Update: As I released the tax payment envelope and saw it flutter into the maw of the mailbox, I realized I had not put a stamp on it. Reason #79 Suellen always did the taxes.


2 comments:

Chip said...

The likes of Michelle Bachman and Paul Ryan do not scare me. Huckabee does. His simplistic answers sound so reasonable to so many. Mark my words. Trump, Palin and Bachman (and I am from her home state of MN) are the least of any sane person's worries. Huckabee, on the other hand, is a true detriment to real progress in this country.
Chip

troutay said...

I agree with Chip. The others are so visibly nuts, but Huckabee is like a snake oil salesman. You don't know what you are really getting until it is too late.