Wednesday, June 30, 2010

1,000


In celebration of the 1,000th post here on Sempringham, which this is, I'll share something I found in the back of a closet today: an old family photo.



It's about 34 years old, in fact. That's me and my bride. The Union Army did not issue Adidas sneakers as part of their standard uniform.

If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you'll notice our wedding rings are on our right hands and the U.S. on the belt buckle is backward. That's because images taken using this process (coated glass plate producing a positive image, with no intervening negative) produced reverse images. I could flip it, I guess, but why?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never did think I would see you in a Yankee uniform, Bob. :) Thanks for sharing and congratulations on your 1000th post. I look forward to the next 5000. Chip

troutay said...

Great picture! Congrats on the 1000th post!

captain flaubbery said...

those hi-falutin slippers a yourn still're a-made with slave labor---so johnny get yer gun! the battle rrages on